Buckeye Trencher

louie

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
TRENCHERATROLLAG007.jpg

If you got a chance to see the trencher in operation at the show last year it is quite impressive. But there was quite a bit of work involved in getting it there. several trips were made to Center N.D. just to get it to move The engine was stuck so it was replaced this picture shows old engine after it had been removed. Marke Hamre with Bob Clarke and Kenneth Griffiths standing in back of trencher. George Voight of Jim's Towing fame supplied wrecker to do the the lifting

TRENCHERATROLLAG011.jpg

All the control levers were frozen with rust, Dennis Rismon is under the machine heating the linkage Larry Kind sitting and Kenneth Griffiths putting out fires in the grass

TRENCHERATROLLAG012.jpg

Here we are getting ready to lift replacement engine into place. This engine belongs to Gary Muhl and was on display at the east end of the Baker depot

TRENCHERATROLLAG022.jpg

Dennis Rismon guiding engine into place, Mark Hamre and Jim Briden working on getting control levers free

Great job Louie,

You've got this posting thing down very well.:bannana:

Keep the pictures coming.:picture:

Great pictures Louie! I know there are more coming!

Couldn't help but notice the gray pickup is MIA... Pedersens pickup is picking up the slack! I wonder why that could be...:hide:

Louie,
The Buckeye is a serious piece of machinery and is a awesome addition to the sandbox.
Thank you, to you and the crew for all of the work you have done on it.
It is impressive to watch it leaving its impression on the earth.
The way you guys were filling in your own trench gives a new meaning to deep tillage.

Gary

Here are a few pictures I took during the show.
Rollag07Trencher3P9010028.jpg

Rollag07Trencher2P9010025.jpg

Rollag07Trencher1P9010024.jpg

trencher in operation

I was hoping some one would post some pictures of trencher in operation as I did not get any taken

TRENCHERATROLLAG030.jpg

some more pictures of the moving process. after the engine was changed we started to drive it from the farm yard to the road to load about half of the way there the track on the right side came apart if you look close at the track it is a wooden block sandwiched between two iron plates well after sitting for twenty five years the wood blocks were in pretty bad shape. I think ther were a couple more trips made out there to replace the blocks the new blocks were made by Bill Briden and Wimpy Anderson who also helped install them

TRENCHERATROLLAG032.jpg

trencher on trailer Jim Briden holding up trencher so the gooseneck on the trailer will fit under it Larry Kind is looking on

TRENCHERATROLLAG035.jpg

All loaded ready to be chained down this was done by about 10:00 in the mornig if I remember right

TRENCHERATROLLAG041.jpg

this picture was taken when we got back to Rollag that day onthe west side of the construction building where we unloaded it I will post more pictures of that in the near future

Kind of surreal seeing Larry in the pictures. Makes one realize that he has not been gone all that long I guess. We sure miss him! :sad:

That is one heck of a load on that trailer. I never got involved in that project, so I was not aware of all the work it took to get it to Rollag. A thread like this is good information to all... it shows how much work goes into putting an exhibit like this together!

Operating

louie;3052 said:
I was hoping some one would post some pictures of trencher in operation as I did not get any taken

I will try and get the short video clip of the very first revolutions the trencher made up on the hill, I filmed it but I am arguing with this thing everyone calls a computer.:banghead3:

cjmlarson;3087 said:
I will try and get the short video clip of the very first revolutions the trencher made up on the hill, I filmed it but I am arguing with this thing everyone calls a computer.:banghead3:

Is that the one I saw at Jim's last fall? You gonna show the power line part? :hide:

First revolutions

The clip is 9 minutes long and I am trying to condense it down,and that is what is giving me fits.I better get the better half of this team to finish the mess I have created.

Video

We are getting fustrated:soapbox: . we have been using both photo bucket and Youtube and can not seem to get it done.We think maybe it is with our DSL connection.It has not beat me yet,I will not give up...... never:computer:

TRENCHERATROLLAG001.jpg

Jim B. holding up front of trencher so goose neck could be removed I didn't get any pictures of neck pulling away as I was changing disc's in my camera

Back