207 John Deere Gyramor rotary cutter

sprkchsr2ataa

Junior Poster
Does anyone know where I can find gears or even a complete gearbox for my 207 John Deere Gyramor rotary cutter? It is the series 001 but if I can get the entire gearbox from a newer series that would work too. I might even consider the entire mower if the price is right. With John Deere being the featured brand in 2008 it would be fun to get this thing in working order by then.

You are going to have to find something and make it work. I have one also and John Deere does not supply parts for it any more. I am in the process of remaking the shaft and gear that spun out on ours.

rebuild

You could have the parts rebuilt. My father and I have rebuilt parts that can't be found any more. I am sure that Larson welding would help to.:D

Found Complete Mower

Hey gang,

I found a complete mower last fall on the Internet. It was in an estate sale down in Missouri about an hour west of St. Louis. On one of my weekly commutes from Texas to Minnesota I detoured there to look at it and found the gears to be in good shape. I offered the seller $500 for the complete mower and he took it. The following weekend I drove down there with my SUV and snowmobile trailer to pick it up. Upon returning to the farm I removed the entire gearbox and brought it and the gearbox from my original mower into my local John Deere dealer. $938 later I had new bearings and seals installed along with some shiny new paint on the outside. Once I got everything back together the mower worked beautifully. It is quiet, cuts great, and in typical John Deere fashion is built like a tank. Now if I could just get the mower repainted.................

:congrats:
Happy for you that you were able to get the parts and get it running!

Back